Jumat, 15 Januari 2016

My Life in Books: A Book Tag

I found out that I got tagged by my friend Lila, the blog owner of My Book Corner and should completely answer all these book question. I wanna keep postponed it, or better, ignore it completely, but then she casually threatened me of something so awful (and looks like she really did it, coz nothing sent to my phone these last few days) I think I'll do it ASAP :D :D :D

So let's check it out....
 

1. Find a book of each your initial

Okaaayy... let's see... My initials are C and D, so I choose these books....

 
C is for The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. It's my favorite book of all time. Enuff said.
D is for Darke by Angie Sage. The 6th installment of Septimus Heap series, which in my personal opinion, the best of them.



2. Count your age along your book shelf: What book is it?

Uhhmm... which book shelves?? Or rather, which book piles?? Hahaha... yeah, I almost drown in my piles of books so I don't know where to start counting them. So, let's just count the most tidy one (means basically it's my everlasting-to-be-read-but-not-sure-when-piles.)
Incarceron by Catherine Fisher


3. Pick a book set in your city/ state/ country.

My beloved city is Semarang, a quite peaceful city (yeah... right!!) in the middle of Java, so I choose this old novel which represents the old Semarang I used to know in my childhood (okay, I'm not that old as this book setting, but still....)
Sebuah Lorong di Kotaku by Nh. Dini


4. Pick a book that represents a destination you would like to travel to.

Turkey has been very intriquing for me, it straddles Europe and Asia across the Bosphorus Strait, the bridge of western and eastern culture. Someday, yes, someday, I'll definetly go there...
Istanbul by Orhan Pamuk


5. Pick a book that is your favorite color.

Actually I love blue, green and purple too, but bright red is always catch my eyes first. So for this category, I choose Lelaki Harimau by Eka Kurniawan. He is a local magic-realism writer which all of his novels that I've read, blown my minds away. This one included, and I also like the paper-cut tiger on its cover.
Lelaki Harimau by Eka Kurniawan


6. Which book do you have the fondest memory of?

All Famous Five, The Five Find-Outers, and TKKG series are my fav childhood books, ones that gave me the foundation of love-reading 'till now. But if I must choose one, it was Alfred Hitchcock and The Three Investigators series #2, The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot. This book was like a window that opened-up a classic literature like Sherlock Holmes, Shakespeare dan Long John Silver from Tresure Island for me. Also, the first book that taught me that mystery and riddle and puzzle could be that fun.
Alfred Hitchcock & Trio Detektif #2
Misteri Nuri Gagap by Robert Arthur
That's the cover of Gramedia edition published in 1989. So ugly, I know. But don't judge a book from its cover, yes?? :))


7. Which book did you have the most difficulty reading?

This so-thick-I-can't-take-it-anywhere-to-read-it book... Musashi, hardcover, the complete edition, 1248 pages. The first over a thousand pages book that I read couple years ago, and took me like 4 or 5 months to devour it. The bright side is, I never let myself intimidated by thickness of a book anymore. I read Musashi, I can read anything! Hahaha....

Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa



8. Which in your TBRR pile will give you the biggest sense of achievement?

Any of Umberto Eco novels. I read and DNF couple of them... it's so heavy for me, I don't know why.

The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco




So there you have it, my honest answer about my life in Books. Feel free to tagged yourself and see what books have been influencing you all these time.

PS: Kak Lila... I've done it... so send me those files again, will you... *ngakakHOPELESS* ^^V




2 komentar:

  1. Sugoooiii.... Bukunya ka Cyn sugoi2 deh.... #terusngubekfilefotohawtsitjakep :D

    BalasHapus
  2. Mbak Cyn....sebagai sesama seman seangkatan yang kena tag mbak lila, ini link tag ku yaaa... heheee:
    http://ladylove01.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/my-life-in-books-book-tag.html

    BalasHapus

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Recent Pages

Recent Posts Widget